Friday, March 13, 2009

Dean


69/365
9:05am

Although this may appear to be posed on my part, I assure you it is not. These are Jack's favorite jeans, despite (or because of) the big rips, and he announced that a white undershirt and his ripped jeans looked "cool" this morning. We have no idea where he gets his definition or model for coolness. As Charlie and I were getting ready to leave, he was standing on the steps and absentmindedly staring out at the rain. At this moment, he had just turned his head toward me.

I was hand-holding the camera and because I didn't have any space to step backward in the foyer, I tilted the camera to get his feet in the frame. I have no problem lopping off extremities, but I hate to do it at the joints. By the time I loaded the few I took, I could see that the angle from the stairs and the tilt of the shot didn't mesh well. I straightened the photo, and in doing so, I lost his feet. I'd also like to get rid of the register on the bottom left, but I'd have to cut off more of his legs or lose the window. I happen to like both of those features.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a flash of Jack as a teenager. Next he will be slicking back his hair with a black comb he keeps in his back pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Dean at age 4. This is an incredible picture, Jen. This is a model shot -- the best picture you have ever taken of him. The best picture anyone has ever taken of him. This picture makes me so happy I want to shout that he is my grandson and you are my daughter. Wow. I want a copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete