Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Sport

23/365
7:51pm
I took quite a few pictures earlier in the day. Several of Charlie. Some of Matchbox cars. A couple of a side-stitching game of Gotcha! One of an orange. Meh.

It's not like John volunteered to do this--as clearly illustrated by the look on his face. But I'm grateful nonetheless. I can't recall really taking just John's photograph in the last couple years. He's certainly in them, he's present and accounted for in space and time. However, this one is not just a picture placing him against the Caribbean or taking the kids out on Halloween, both important and memorable. But this kind of setting allows the picture to be him and isn't defined by where he is or what he's doing.

Since it was already dark and I didn't have access to natural light, I had to use a nearby lamp and put the camera on the tripod. The tripod certainly has its limitations, one of them being its height. I actually think it's perfectly acceptable to lop off the top of his head, but I wish the shot squarely met his eyes. Instead, I can feel John looking down into the camera here and it makes me want to re-shoot this. And that option is not bloody likely.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment