Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Glass In the Garden


282/365
4:03 p.m.

This cascading glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly can be found in the foyer of the Missouri Botanical Gardens in St. Louis. Although the exhibit actually closed early in 2007, the distinguished artist left several pieces behind to be admired. I have been enchanted by his work since I saw it firsthand in Hawaii in 2000, and was thrilled to discover he is a UW graduate, simply because his masterpieces are scattered throughout this great city. Sadly, I've yet to attend a real exhibit. It's on The List.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I wondered where you went. I have looked through all the postings. A temp over 104 is very scary, I still hate it when my kids are sick. The sun is still shining in Illinois too...we've been about 60 the past few days...but snow on Thanksgiving??? Ick.

    I really love the shot through the tunnel of Jack...it does look very professional.

    Okay-I posted my comment on this one because I am such a Chihuly fan. I did see the exhibit in St. Louis (the Botanical Garden there is one of our favorite spots) and I was immediately captivated. I have some wonderful photos from that exhibit. One of these days maybe I'll put them on the travel blog...but, it seems like such a tease since the exhibit is gone now. I would travel quite a ways to see an exhibit again and hope to one of these days.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a cool picture, borderline disturbing in a sort of gruesome way...

    ReplyDelete