Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Jewels of June




167/365
12:54pm


Last fall I enthusiastically purchased a tiny berry colander at an extremely generous discount. I had visions at that moment of it brimming with freshly-picked, sun-warmed, and tender strawberries that would tumble out of green market quart containers. I imagined us all surrounding the tiny white colander on the dining room table and eagerly devouring the berry bursts to our June heart's content, tossing the intact green hat on bright yellow plates as if discarded from a Strawberry Mardi Gras parade.


The only thing I didn't foresee was telling the family they had to wait, patiently drumming their fingers, while I photographed our scarlet treasure before the rest of the image was brought to fruition.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment