Sunday, May 31, 2009

Napa:Wine::Wisconsin:Cheese



153/365
10:28am


There are approximately 150 vendors at the Dane County Farmers' Market each Saturday, and twelve of them are cheese. While my mom chose this fab Dill Havarti that we later sampled at home with perfectly ripened greenhouse tomato, I happen to love Hook's 12-year cheddar. Now, at $26/pound, I passed on this round....and will likely continue passing for quite some time. You can be sure if I ever pick up a small smooth, crumbly hunk, I'm not sharing it with the less discerning palates in the house. You know, the ones who are gaga over freezer burned Popsicles and mushy macaroni.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. Wisconsin Cheese. I am dying for a trip to the Farmer's Market. Thank you for the great visual!

    ReplyDelete