Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bribe


149/365
2:58pm

John and I were recently discussing how in the world I was going to get Jack photographed for his five-year-old shots. I have may have mentioned (cough, several times, cough!) about Jack's disdain for having his picture taken. John, of course, went instantly to bribe with a ginourmous Super Soaker Jack's been deliciously eyeing at Target. Oppose.

Although these are not the official five-year-shots I intend to get, I did say to a pouty Jack that I would "give him something" if he would just sit there for two whole minutes. Ooops, I didn't have anything to give him. So, I changed the subject and asked how many more pictures I could take. He said, "Twenty." Twenty?! Jackpot! He counted and I teased with the focus beep every now and then to get a slight giggle. When I got to 16, he told me I only had 4 left. I paused and we laughed and joked around. I really had him off-topic now. That shutter clicked number twenty and all I heard was, "what do I get?" What do you get?! You, my dear friend, a huge hug from your grateful mother! Bribe averted. Super Soaker safe at Target. [Wipes sweat from brow.]

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You have moved to the advanced parenting level where bribes are offered but never honored. Congratulations :) I like the shot, but it is a bit close for me. I honestly like to see hair and chins!

    ReplyDelete