Friday, February 20, 2009

shiny happy child


51/365
5:13pm

This is a time when I wish I had better talent &/or better equipment. I know what I want this picture to illustrate, but I just couldn't pull it off on the short notice Charlie presented. His face is illuminated a bit too brightly in the refrigerator light, but adding shadows was not an option. And because the room is so dark, I need to keep the shutter open a titch longer and in doing so, Charlie's features are not as sharp as they should be. I think I need a lens with a wider aperture so I can pull more light in low-light, but I'm sure I'm missing something else here. Thoughts?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is anything wrong with the illumination of Charlie's face; in fact, I like the effect very much. I do agree with your lens aperture causing some fuzziness. Some cropping might take care of a bit of the problem. All-in-all, a really nice effort. Well done.

    ReplyDelete